This parent guide will help you
- separate your feelings about your divorce from your feelings about being a parent,
- understand that your children must have a relationship with the other parent,
- communicate effectively with your children, and
- help your children handle the family breakup.
The child support section of this guide explains how child support in Connecticut works. It answers questions about who pays for child support, how the court decides on the amount and what to do if you there are problems down the road. It also deals with
- different parenting situations,
- special or extraordinary costs,
- when child support ends, and
- what to do if a parent won’t pay child support.